I have a bit of a surprise for you guys ;) So keep reading~
- Upon examining the school system, it turns out that every day would wield a mark of 100 no matter what. If you lost marks, your grade will be reset to 100 every class. This was initially from the first day of school that got copied over by accident, so it has been fixed so your mark stays the same unless you achieve higher than 100 (in which you get pushed back to the mark of 100)
- As previously announced, the Candy shop problems have been repaired.
- Also, I'm not sure if I had mentioned this, but I had officially fixed the ore refinement system so all ores will be refined at once. A further fix I would like to make is to remove the flat rate and do a loop that counts and calculates a price for all the ore you have to refine.
- After accidentally deleting her, Deniece from Alice Fashions has returned to her rightful place. She currently has only a few lines of dialogue and that's about it.
- After ALSO being deleted by mistake, the third area of the mine has been rebuilt.
- Max and Damion's sprites have replaced the previous ones.
- Completed a couple more days of the high school writing class including a major plot point that falls within this time frame.
- The Candy store and the cafe now have a seasonal menu that allow the player to select seasonal treats.
- Kandi's dialogue is near completion and has officially been inserted into the game.
- For the fifth time, the park has been re-done, this time with a basketball net...
- Max's dialogue for his teenage crush phase is complete as well as all of his gift dialogue and the starts of his boyfriend dialogue.
- Damion's event line has been started when it comes to the actual scenes. After exams, I will complete the remainder of his events as well as Max and Andy's within the week
Private lunch Center features
There were several ideas tossed around as to what we wanted to do with the center, so we have a small clue of what the best ideas are.
- The ability to continue to play your childhood game "Virtual world"
- An ability to "Astral project" and see the high school experiences through other people's eyes (Furthermore, this will be a randomly occurring event that may never occur. Therefore adding shock value when you get it and an element of excitement)
- Socialization (Obviously hang out and talk with your friends/enemies)
- Various reading easter eggs.
- A possible small mini game that passes the time.
Cruise Vacation developments
I'm kind of pushing it to a least priority, but I did get the restaurant started.
Event progressions and screenshots
Regarding advancement in the various events, I have begun one of the more significant events: The Celestial Dance.
LOL To think I've put it off for so long.
Crush System play test
It took about 120 tries to get Max to like me on 0 friend points.
So... I decided to kick it up. Instead of going by fixed variables (Meaning your chance of him having a crush increases at specific friend point levels) I decided to make a complex formula. Then I realized... I hate math.
So this is how it works right now:
At 0 Friend points, you have a 1 in 1000 chance of him liking you.
At the maximum friendship level, you have a 1 in 20 chance of him liking you.
Until I come up with a formula, that's how she'll work :)
So here were my results. I clicked 100 times each level. Level 1 is zero friendship points, all the way to the last one.
Level 1: No crush in 100 clicks
Level 2: Skipped (oops)
Level 3: Crush in 80 clicks
Level 4: No crush in 100 clicks
Level 5: Crush in 20 clicks
So in general, it works hahaha.
The big Reveal
... The old face sets that is!
The old ones will be added to the Celestial Dance Concept art archive (Which I will make... soon...). This time, these ones are here to stay forever. How do you know I'm not bluffing? Well... maybe having a library of completed faces would help? I'm quite satisfied with this style... it's a mix of my two favorite styles- beyblade and Brothers conflict plus a dash of Ace attorney and my own twists.
It was a difficult decision, but I think it's the right one. It's made life easier and made the images look 110 times better than my original drawings XD (But then again, those suuuuckkked). It started when I drew Cain, who is on my deviant art. I drew him using various shading refs and he came out better than any drawing I had done before. I decided that I was then going to make the ultimate CD face sprites. I think this is the first time I ever had fun while doing this :D
(NOTE: below are the edited images. The backgrounds will not exist in game. All of the below are my property. Please do not use without permission. )
Ladies and... probably more ladies (And I'm sure at least one gentleman). I'd like to introduce you to the (Teenage) cast of Celestial Dance: Shift the Tide.
Until I get more facesets drawn...
Ciao for now!