... If you Celebrate.
1. Holidays and information.
2. About Scary Night
3. Scary Night treats
4. Scary Night costumes
6. Introducing Aisu~!
7. Response to Kuroneko~!
8. items, fruits and donuts
9. WHY NO VIDEO D: And why were you late posting this?
10. [EDIT] WATCH THE EVENT VIDEO
1. Holidays are the heart of Araysia... However, only specific REAL holidays will be acted on, because I don't want any religious holidays so basically anyone can play:
Halloween (Renamed scary night... Collect Candy for one night.)
Valentines Day (Renamed Lover's Day.)
And a few more to be discovered.
We also have a few like:
-The budding Festival
-The Starlit Skies
- The Celestial Dance
and the list will carry on.
Each event will be triggered differently. For example, Scary night can only be triggered by walking into your house at night. Then your mom will ask you what you want to do.
About Scary Night
Scary night is a day of fun and excitement for the little kids. You can form a tradition, or just do what you want each year.
You can carve a pumpkin that will flicker and you can choose what to carve it into.
You have the option of what to do for that night. If you do not wish to do anything, you will be sent Trick or Treating, and you can just return home without Candy.
Trick or Treating
Because your mother trusts you, you will be sent to trick or treat by your self. You can go only to the two housing districts, which you can get yourself some candy by knocking on the doors. There are many kids your age out and about for Scary Night, so look out for them too. You'll increase your friendship if you talk to them.
You have the option of going to your pumpkin and carving it. There are three different types that you can carve it into so far: Cat, Scared face, Evil Smile.
They will glow once carved, as if there is a candle is inside.
You will get a lot of Candy and stuff if you wear a costume... which you can buy from Alice Fashions just before.
THIS OPTION IS NOT AVAILABLE IN TEEN YEARS. ONLY CHILD AND PRE-TEEN.
Ever since you were old enough, you went to the pumpkin patch with her. You have the option of upholding this tradition by going during scary night. You will have a cut scene with your mom which will be different each year. It is not anything special... it's just you and your mom celebrating the fall season together. This is the best option if you do not wish to celebrate scary night, and just wish to have a cutscene, or to just not participate. It's just a cute scene... no real reward
Watch a movie
The movie is a decent choice if you want to just want to waste the night away with a boost in friendship. Basically, you and your mother will go watch a movie in the TV room.
A random friend will appear and hang out with you and your mom... This can be Cindy, Tyrone, Andy, Kandi or Max In your child year. There is 2 in 7 chance that you will spend it alone with your mother... You gain friendship for your mother and buddy. It is a random person... not based on friendship.
AVAILABLE IN CHILD AND PRE-TEEN YEARS
You party with all of your friends! A fun and safe night, and best of all... YOU GET CANDY!
AVAILABLE Teen year and up
Stay home alone
This gets changed as to whether or not you are married at the time with kids. You will either spend it completely alone or with your husband. You trigger a cute scene... And a full scene extra if you have children.
AVAILABLE ADULT YEARS ONLY
Unlike regular Halloween, your sweets are safe to eat and very yummy! Not only do you get candy, but you get things such as brownies, cookies and cakes! yummy
4. Having a costume for Scary night is not only fun, but important too! If you're wearing a costume, you get more treats! Here are some of the costumes you can buy for scary night!
-I have officially decided... on the spur of the moment, That Jet, Scarlet, Connor and Piroline are all related...
Scarlet and Piro were cousins with Connor as their uncle to begin... but the problem with Jet was that he has the same last name as Connor and Piro... so you know what? He's related to them. He may be Piro's half brother or cousin or something to that effect.
Everyone, Kind of off topic, but I would like to introduce you all to Aisu. She is the voice actress of Piroline, and she has the prettiest voice~ (I mistakingly wrote petty >.<)
Thank you for your comment Aisu :) I'll get your script to you as soon as Midnight finishes going through all of the events >.< We're working on the edits XD I promise.
I'm glad you've taken a liking to the project and your support is just all the more fantastic ^_^ I hope you like this update. Yup... I have to draw 10 a week... and then colour a bunch per week as well... which takes forever.
There are two lovely schools in CD.... I actually started CD when I was in elementary school/ just started high school so you'll see a lot of differences now that this is my last year :)
I actually laughed at number 6... it was very tempting to write and the "D:" was just epic. I couldn't stop laughing XD
I'm not sure if I'm playing Tai... but since Roxie is based on me... I think I may play her XD I'm not sure yet. I may play one of the boys too :P I enjoy VAing.
YAY :) I can't wait to hear from you again.
7. KuroNeko <3
1. I'm really happy too ^_^ It's just a matter of time. I need to test a few things... and really, I just need time now. That's all... and then CD will be complete VERY soon <3
2. Uhh it's my GREATEST enemy D: the school system is sooo hard to stay on. It takes a lot of time... now I need to go through and take out script lines... over 500 lines of text to remove Suzie's original face >.< It's going to be annoying. I'll work on it until it's done ^_^ I've put AC aside for a while until I get CD all finished. As soon as CD is finished, AC will be the next game to look forward to :D
3. On top of that, I have to colour them AND edit the faces for different emotions >.< YAY :/ I can do it! Fear not!
That meant a lot... for you to say you like my drawing :) It really does thank you. I really just picked up a pencil after I saw that and drew Gage as a child and teen AND Tyrone as a teen <3 I got my drawing back finally <3
4. It's waaay smaller than what I originally had planned :) Don't worry. It's just that there are a lot of locations, and too many characters XD
5. LOLOLOL Do homework? What do you mean? ;)
7. I hope you like this one XD It's kind of bland. Anyway, the voice actors so far are AWESOME :) Like Aisu. I may be voicing a guy too... so you'll be hearing me more than you like to XD
Not a problem~ I'm getting a little bit stressed too. I need to pull my mark up for university :/ So it's hard. Anyway, best of luck with your tests ^_^ I hope all is well <3
8. SO This update... I've been REALLY stressed out about this short story I have to write. Umm... if I do finish it, I may be making it a part of either Celestial Dance or Artist's Canvas, because I love my characters <3 Anyway... I ended making a few items for you guys, not just food... but related to it.
These items are meant for collecting... they MAY be able to go in the house. I'm not sure yet. They're gifts right now, but super cute <3
So let me show you the fruit etc.
There is an apple too, but it doesn't look like an apple... so I won't show it to you. This is the start of the donut line. We will have a lot more. These are just the two I've had the chance to do. There will be many flavors after this. I just haven't had the time to make a lot.
The next items are a group of plushies for collection, gift giving and perhaps furnishing IF the house customization system works. They are all of food. I hope you like~ <3
9.WHY NO VIDEO DJFHSLDFUHSDF >:(
Guys, I PROMISE there is a video. I tried eight times since I the day after the last blog post. Youtube keeps on rejecting it because of my internet connection. When I am able to upload it, I PROMISE I will post it here. I REALLY tried. And I will KEEP trying.
The video does feature Scary Night, The first day of school, a familiar mystery cutscene and Lover's day. TO MAKE IT UP TO YOU I will be posting the video AND will be revealing a whole whack of new faces. PERHAPS I will do a crap load of sprites for you to see of all of the kids + Halloween costumes later on. I will be revealing a whole bunch of game ideas, and perhaps a little inside looks into Artist's Canvas IN THIS UPDATE.
I was also late posting because I wanted to post with the video... SO I posted on Halloween night :)
AND SO... Roxie tries to make it up to you guys
So here are a couple things that I wasn't planning to reveal QUITE yet... There are a couple more simple systems that I'm planning to try out.
- Villager locations as certain times (This is in harvest moon... but not beautifully done for CD)
- Villagers try to talk to you sometimes if you pass them by (Much like pokemon... except random and just talking... not annoying battles.)
-I MAY MAKE IT SO THAT if you wear the bridal costume (No picture yet) At any time in the game, you will receive an extra piece of Dialogue from the hero on their actual wedding day years later. SHHHHHHH That's a secret.
- THERE MAY BE EASTER EGGS. I may add little surprises from artist's Canvas in here before the game is in full swing. Now that CD is a little easier and more complex, Artist's canvas will take possibly less than a year to complete. I LOVE the story I created for it. Hehe I love both games.
-THERE ARE TONS OF CHEAT ROOMS. I promise... the cheats are funny sometimes. I promise, there are awesome easter eggs and cheats in the game.
-A little bit into Lover's day as well:
You will go to the town square where ALL the boys are (well... in the teen years all the boys are there... you don't meet all of them until then) And you can talk to them. Really, there is no point UNLESS you are friends with them. You can then ask them on a date <3 You will have a cute cut scene and return to your house.
About artist's canvas... YES it does tie in with Celestial Dance. How? Here's how...
- Nakaia (The main town) is at war with Auracity and Serada. They have ONE known Ally... Araysia. Where is Araysia? Here of course! It's the world of Celestial Dance. However, it is not Canon to the Celestial Dance series. it is more of a joke for CD players. This never happens in this game.
-ROXIE AND MAX are main characters of the game again. What's the difference? Roxie's Age. unlike CD, she is only 2 years younger than her brother. She marries Max's best friend though, just like CD. BUT if the player marries her main boy, she marries Max's OTHER friend. (Kane looks like Gage but is Andy's replacement, and Parker is Gage's replacement. She marries Parker by default)
-ANDY AND GAGE ARE SET TO MAKE A CAMEO APPEARANCE. SO... what's up with Andy?
In honor to Kuroneko, he is hinted to be married to the player in Celestial Dance (Alice). Gagie is single... I guess XD
-CINDY, TYTANNIA, ANASTASIA, TAI... AND A COUPLE OTHERS MAY MAKE A CAMEO APPEARANCE IN AC.
I will be voicing Cindy and Tytannia. Not sure who will voice Anastasia though...
YOU WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW ANY OF THIS. :)
I'm sorry for that upset again guys... I love you all~! Happy Halloween.
I PROMISE I WILL GET THAT VIDEO TO YOU
Andy: (Scary night) "It's getting chilly... I hope you brought a jacket. I would hate to see you catch a cold."
BEYOND THIS POINT WAS MODIFIED A DAY AFTER THE ORIGINAL POST.
After trying many times, I have successfully uploaded the video ^_^ SO Here you go <3
Basically it features scary night, the first day of school, the mystery side event and Lover's day.
Lovers day you can ask someone out, though you do not see it here. Anyway... enjoy~!
I'm a total dork who writes too much all the time because I like typing and I used to write novel-length stories and I'm just a weird person who does some things and breathes and stuff.