Okay, Yell at me if you wish... I was actually working on Celestial dance this time. I've been working on the graphics and art as well as the music of the game, but I have been working. First, I'll explain what happened and then I'll get down to business. I can't update daily, though I'll try. I actually will try to meet my weekly goals, but school is difficult to juggle with updating daily, programming, working on the game, composing, drawing and you name it. So I'll do my best. On Monday and Thursdays I am currently unavailable because of Kendo and Tai Chi, but I'll try to work anyway.
So here we go. This is the update you deserve as to why I dissappeared.
1. WHERE WERE YOU?!
2.WHY AREN'T YOU ANSWERING MY EMAILS?!
3. Progress with the school system
4. My school work and how it helps Celestial Dance.
5. Art and music progress and news
6. Events and programming progress and news
7. Art and Music Goals for the week
8. Events and Programming goals for the week
9. Goals for the month
10. Confirmed Characters for the game
UPDATE: Some game characters are being removed. #10 will say the characters that will appear in the game for sure at this point. The rest is unconfirmed.
1. Okay... okay.. I admit I was a little lazy for the past months. Actually, I was really trying to get the courage to come back on, but I'm back and I'm going to update as much as I can :) So basically, I've been working on the game, just not updating.
2. I've read all my emails, BUT I'm actually going to respond to them after a little while. I only have time to write this... that's about it... I promise I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
3. The school system is my main focus for the time being when it comes to programming. I'm working on middle school and the lessons in grade school. The main thing I plan on focusing on this week would be the lunch time aspect. That includes the foods, events and the activities during the lunch period.
Right now, the middle school has gotten to the first day. The teachers a jerk just a heads up XD
4. On the topic of school, I have actually been taking Java lessons. Unfortunately, My game uses Ruby. The good news is that Java and Ruby have some similarities. Now that I understand the basis of scripting, I may be able to write my own custom scripts ;)
5. Okay, so... Art and music. There are a LOT of pieces I've attempted as far as music goes. There are only a couple that have turned out. One I am working on is 'Swimming Koi'. It's sounding decent... I don't know if it'll make game music... but...
So... about drawings and art...I am currently redrawing child Andy and drawing a couple more. I actually took drawing lessons in January online. After one lesson... My art improved 10 fold. I promise that these faces will be better than we hoped for ^_^
GUESS WHAT?! I'M GETTING A GRAPHICS TABLET :D That'll make colouring a lot easier ^_^
6. Okay, so the school system is once again the main focus and the events are basically surrounded by there. I've developed the lunch system farther and wrote some lessons. My next steps will be to work on some special festivals ect. I really don't remember what I updated last so... I'll keep that vague. I promise that some magnificent progress will be made this week and will be updated as much as I can.
7. Art and music goals for MARCH 26th 2012
1.Complete music for the childhood events- Due by Friday
2. Draw Child Andy and Gage-Due by Sunday
3. Take another online drawing course- Due by Sunday
4. Draw 10 different items for the game- Due Friday
5. Scan at least one character for drawing- Due Sunday
6. Begin a new video-Start by Thurday
8. Event and programming goals for MARCH 26th 2012
1. Complete a unit in grade 3- Due Sunday
2. Complete a unit in grade 8- Due Sunday
3. Take a scripting course online
9. MONTH OF APRIL GOALS (though it's not April yet)
-Complete 5 different characters
-Compose 5 different music pieces
-Release 1 video
-Complete 50 food items
-Finish Grade 3 (IN THE GAME :S)
-Event a proposal, marriage and boy friend scene
10. As you may or may not know, Midnight and I are discussing the removal of various characters. We're not so sure about some removals, so for now, I'll put the list of characters that will DEFIANTLY BE IN THE GAME NO MATTER WHAT :)
Confirmed game characters:
-The hero (duh...)
I'm a total dork who writes too much all the time because I like typing and I used to write novel-length stories and I'm just a weird person who does some things and breathes and stuff.