For those who missed it on the home screen (or for the video) There is a fundraiser system now enacted fully which currently takes place during the child and pre-teen chapters. It is basically where you start a flashmob and start dancing. Donations come in and you get moneeys for your project.
So... For those who missed it, I screwed up a bit. When Amelia (my cousin who plays Kandi) tested it, we got an.... interesting glitch.
I feel rather dumb.
NOTE: as mentioned earlier, don't mind the drawing. I did it in 15 minutes at 1:00am...
This has been fixed since then, and now I need to try to fix it so that it gives a more decent amount of money, and tie it with the advertisements you do in order to win.
For those of you who don't care much for tumblr, I actually posted this and Cliques on tumblr last week. I planned everything, and realized that I needed to sort this out- so I did it in my English class ^_^;;
Sleepovers are still in development. This is what I have so far without spoiling any of the treats/dialogue.
Event Location: Your house, your Room
Characters involved: Cindy, Roxie, Tytannia, Piroline, Willow, Kandi, Tai, Anastasia
Number of secret paths: 1
Event Chapter: Teen
Friendship is quite important in Celestial dance, and this particular cut scene happens. There are several scenarios that can occur, each branching off to a later time.
Scenario 1: Talk about People
In this scenario, a few things can happen. For Characters such as Cindy, Willow and Roxie they will mostly tease their friends, while gossipers and loudmouths such as Anastasia, Tytannia and Tai will all gossip about people in the town. It’s rather light hearted, as you find some humorous or random facts about the characters.
Scenario 2: Play Something
This one is the most bland, as the screen blacks out and you read text about what’s going on. The game varies based on the girl you’re hanging with: Cindy it’d be telling stories, Roxie it’d be video games, Ana it would be truth or dare… etc.
Scenario 3: Tell Secrets
This is the biggest part of the sleepover system, and I’m trying to keep it as far away as stereotypes as possible (And we see how awesomely that went with the gossip section, but whatever). In this part, the girl will reveal a secret about herself, then ask you to tell her something. Your character will refuse, and she asks if you like anyone. It branches from there:
Option 1: Lie and tell her you don’t
The scene ends.
Option 2: Tell her you don’t.
The scene ends
Option 3: Tell her you do
If you choose option three, you will be prompted to tell her exactly who you like out of the main guys. You can also pick 'none of them' if you should so choose. The scene will end if you pick that option though, and there will be no further development.
When you pick someone, she will say something and you will have three options further: Ask her to keep it a secret or ask her to help you with your crush.
Even asking her may not stop her from blabbing- which can be good, and can be bad.
Some characters (Like Cindy) will still be too shy even if you want her to help, and therefore there will be only a 20% chance that they will tell. Some will always help if you ask.
Some characters (Like Anastasia) will be very likely to tell even if you ask her to keep it a secret.
The chance she will tell is randomized based on who it is you told and just random in general. Some are likely to tell if you tell them not to, some can keep a secret- and some will be too shy to help even if you ask.
Positive and Negative Reactions:
If your girl spills that you like them, or helps you out, there will be one of four cutscenes that will occur:
1. In this case, the boy doesn’t like the player back, and the girl spilled your secret when you told her not to. The boy’s reaction depends on the character, as some will tease the player and others will gently tell her that they aren’t interested. This by no means says you cannot romance them if you get this- it just means they don’t have a crush yet.
2. In this scenario, the girl spilled the secret without permission and the boy has feelings for her. He basically informs her that her secret is out, brushes off the part about him and blushes while he tells the hero that there is no judgement.
1. In this situation, the girl told with permission, and the boy does not have a crush on the hero. It’s a sweet scene where he tells her how great of a friend she is, and he will consider his feelings for her. There is a chance in this scene that he will gain a crush.
2. In this scenario, the girl told with permission and the boy DOES have a crush on the hero. He basically awkwardly tells her the situation, laughs a little and goes really quiet. In the end, there is a significant boost in romance points with him, as well as friend points.
I hope to get a video out of this system very soon.
noun: clique; plural noun: cliques
a small group of people, with shared interests or other features
in common, who spend time together and do not
readily allow others to join them.
In Celestial Dance, Cliques are as active in real life. There are four distinct groups, and five categories the hero can be apart of. Cliques determine some event statuses and also help influence romance.
The following is a list of groups that exist, who is in it, benefits and interests.
Note: Benefits are still being worked out. Atm, social benefits are what are listed.
The Gemini Quad
Group members: Roxie, Gage, Max, Andy
Interests: Video games, anime, manga, Food, ‘true beauty’ campaign, writing, sports (to an extent)
Benefits: Neutrality with other groups, Three love interests in one group
Enemies: The bullies (On occasionalconflicts due to them bullying their friends in the Pseudo-family)
Group members: Dakota, Serenity, Aris, Piroline, Jay
Interests: undefined, fashion
Benefits: No clear friendships, you get to hear Aris complain about everyone
Enemies: The Pseudo-family
Group Members: Leo, Tytannia, Tyrone (Sometimes), Cindy, Willow, Kandi, Tristan
Interests: Arguing over nothing, reading, Baking, Cooking
Benefits: Large accepting group, humor
Enemies: The populars (Demi and Bullies)
Group Members: Tyrone, Anastasia, Tai, Kyler, Damion, Jet, Aris (on occasion)
Interests: Fashion, Tormenting, Gossip
Enemies: The Pseudo Family, Gemini Quad (on occasion)
Gemini Quad: Created out of four childhood friends, they are very open and accepting, and rather form one large group with the Pseudo family. They are all born within the star sign of Gemini, and they often fight. They hang out with anyone, but if someone is being hurt by another, they won’t stand for it. They are very passionate about going against discrimination and are widely accepting of everyone. They tend to argue a lot over food, and they won’t live without their anime for a moment. all four are members of the ‘true beauty’ modelling company- which is explained in-game.
The Pseudo Family:The friends and allies of the gemini quad, they are a group of close friends who act and fight like a family Tyrone is a floater in this group. Some of them act rather unintelligent, though they are all bright and accepting.
The Demi-Populars: Friends of the bullies, these guys are the ‘left-overs’ of that group. They are often very self-absorbed, and some can be mean, but aside from that, they are rather apathetic and don’t take the time to really know eachother.
The very first clique to ever be created, which inspired the full creation, the bullies are a group of ‘popular’ teens who typically tease and gossip about other people (including eachother). They do bully quite a bit, but they tend to redeem themselves on occasion and only act as such when in their group.
By the end of the game, all these cliques disappear.
In honor of my grade 12 English teacher, I have no choice but to call this 'grad' instead of 'prom'- simply because in Canada, prom is theoretically incorrect, even though our prom was indeed called prom.
Event Location: The School
Characters involved: All Main characters
Number of secret paths: 2 (possibly 3)
Total Paths: 13-14
Event Chapter: Teen
Grad is the event that occurs in the teen chapter of the game. It happens near the end and is rather short and sweet to sum up the teen chapter.
This is primarily where cliques come in- It's ladies' choice and therefore you must ask someone out. If you choose not to, you will spend the evening with your designated clique.
Nothing much really happens. It's just a rather sweet event between friends. I may plan a mini-game or something, but at the moment, it's just a cut scene.
You ask the person by giving them a ticket. There will be several parts to the night that I will specify later on.
There is a chance that you'll be rejected when giving the ticket. Here are the rates that they WILL take it.
Anything else: 5%-10%
Secret path #1 or relationship: 100%
Now, I had to be careful that the game still was fairly feminist in its advances. I realized the jobs seemed at first rather cliche 'feminine' (for lack of a better word) areas of work, but I would like to add that these are part-time, and are in place of the job that your character will lead up to. They also were chosen based on the high school classes.
Further, these three I chose because they were the easiest to do as a side-quest type thing.
I only realized afterwards hehe. You're told what actual career you end up in at the end of the game. (That would be something along the lines of lawyer, CEO, Doctor etc.)
* You deliver specific items to the bakery upon order.
* You must have a high mark in baking class to move on to this part-time job
* The pay is rather low, but the requests are quick and take less time than other jobs.
* You spend time each day planning, writing, reviewing and refining your book
* once compete, you submit the book and get paid
* This is the highest income, but takes a lot longer to get the money
* You are required to have a high mark in writers craft in order to get this job
* Unlike writer and baker, you are given specific tools and extra places to shop
* You don't need any grade for this.
* This job isn't really set in stone- you don't sell in a specific place, you just make things.
* The income is either high or low depending on how you do. If you make amazing works, you can sell it well, but sometimes making the work may cost more than it sells.
Celestial Dance timeline || Revised + Poll
While in Class today, I decided to work out hours of gameplay, and I feel a bit upset about the results. (You guys can see how effectively I spend my time in class haha) I figured I'll turn to you guys to see what you think is best. Keep in mind that all of these options will impact production in some way, so I'll list pros and cons.
Currently, the years are as follows: (30 days per months. Assuming you wake at 8, and sleep at 6 one day = around 10 minutes in real time)
Child: 2.5 months
Preteen: 2.5 Months
Teen: 7 months (Total- long chapter I know)
Young adult: 3 months
Adult: 3 Months
Scenario 1: CURRENT
Assuming the model above, with 30 days each month, the total number of hours of game play caps around 115 hours. (That's a lengthy game...
- Keeping this means I won't have to change anything time wise
- Longer game play
- Realistic months
- Lots of time for romancing (Which you need)
- Less room for expansion (if I wanted to add months)
- Long, dragged out game play (I really don't want to play 25 hours between the child/pre-teen year)
- Less months for game play (meaning you will be limited to events that happen within the time frame)
- more school writing for me
- Heavy production time
Scenario 2: Super short model.
This cuts game time in half by changing the number of days per month to 15.
This caps at around 46 hours- which is ULTRA short.
- I can add more months onto the game (So you can play 4 months instead of 3)
- Decreased production time
- I have to change the school system dates (Which I'm fine with)
- Ultra short model- You will literally fly through the game.
- Not enough time for cutscenes or romancing- so many random events will have to be cut...
Scenario 3: midway point
This scenario follows a general compromise between the last two scenarios. It allows 20 days per month, but still gives a rather short playtime of 61 hours (To put this into perspective, and average pokemon player will finish 100 hours around the time of the elite four- I've logged 1000 hours between just two of my games)
For this, however, I will increase month time to the following model:
Child: 4 months
Teen: 8 months
Young adult: 4.5 months
Adult: 5 Months
For a grand slam total of 85 hours. (Which is not too long, not too short.)
- Decent game time- a good start
- Can be longer or shorter based on how the player plays the game
- One year in harvest moon is approximately 24 hours of game play (assumed you play a 12 minute day- which I played less), which makes it roughly the same since most cap off game play usually in the 4th or 5th year (96-120 hours)
- This is just a model, so theoretically you can play for roughly about 136 hours in certain situations.
-Great for keeping it interesting, as your months are great lengths, and allows you to explore each year rather in-depth.
- Less realistic months
- Can be rather long in some instances
- the 85 hours is the minimum play time
So here's your poll! What do you think makes the ideal number of hours to complete the game? Which model do you prefer?
Voice acting progress
Just a quick update on voice acting progress! Rather exciting if you ask me!
Speaking of voice actors
Enjoy this lovely reel of some of the CD voice actors! It doesn't include VAs who auditioned for one role and got another (So Demitra and Kory were out as well as several VAs since I didn't have any clips on hand) and missed some VAs.
But regardless~ You may say one of two things:
"YES! THEY ARE PERFECT"
"ROXIE! WHY ARE YOU ON THERE FOUR TIMES?! NO ONE LIKES YOUU!!!" ;/
Hehe Enjoy the talent of these amazing VAs... and try to enjoy my voice hahahaa
NOTE: I accidentally screwed up and put another VA as Toxic for the first few lines. *Sobs* Fixed!
Quick fact break
Jealousy events (fun times)
The Dangers of being liked.
One of the huge things about Celestial Dance is the importance of Friendship. Now, There are upsides to friendship (Like your friends helping you with your crush) but there are also several downsides. While befriending regular townies and main females are relatively drama free (Except when the girls spill your secrets), however the guys are not so accommodating.
Jealousy events were done in initial planning of the game in 2008, but remained rather fluid until 2011 when they were written into the game. When character models were scrapped, so were all the events only to be revived later into production.
Only certain boys have jealousy events- best friends don’t typically fight, but have conversations. Most of them are comical. In order for these events to trigger, a crush must be initiated for all involved parties.
- Tyrone and Leo (Frienemies)
- Max and Damion
- Jet, Jay, Damion, Kyler (Housemates/best friends/ Pseudo brothers)
-Tristan and Jet
- Max, Andy, Gage (BFFLs)
- Aris, [Damion], [Jay] and Tyrone (The Brothers conflict tribute hehe)*
* All four of these characters used tropes from brothers conflict during their revamp, and became tributes to some of my favourites from the game. The two in brackets are possible for the scene, but are very loosely tributed instead of Aris and Tyrone who are strongly tributed. (Aris tribute to Fuuto, Jay to Ukyo, Tyrone to Tsubaki and Damion to Yusuke). Andy is also possible for this since he resembles Natsume, but this wasn’t actually intended, as Andy was designed years before brocon was a thing.
Examples from initial plans:
Back in the day, Jealousy events were centred around very simplistic binaries that these boys followed, only to be shattered and complexed later on. An example lies with Damion (Who was once rather mean and dumb, but now is actually fairy sweet) and Max (Our happy-go-lucky feminist). Please take note that I was rather young when I wrote this and Damion’s original personality has changed since then.
Max: She’s not yours Damion. You cannot own her.
Damion: Yes I can. Any girl I want will be mine. She’s mine!
Max: Would you stop?!
Damion: You’re jealous that she’s never going to love you!
Max: I don’t care if she likes me! She’s free to make her own choice!
Max would further continue about how he wouldn’t stand for him talking to her like that. Damion had several events telling his best friend off as well, but his character did a 360 later on, so he became rather Tsundere opposed to just a straight up jerk.
Thank you :D Long time no talk ^-^ I apologize for not being very active. School has been craaazy.
I'm so glad you like them :) It seems like I've been leaning towards the first one a little bit more, but I loved both in the end ^-^
Ahh D: It didn't work. Oh well, it wasn't worth seeing anyways :P
I'm so excited to finish the opening! now only if I could decide on what to put in it XD *Cough* I can't animate either *cough* I'm just trying my bet really hehe It's a fun thing to learn. I think I've got hair blowing in the wind down at least LOL.
No! No! It wasn't bad at all. I was in a bad mood, so I react badly to things sometimes... But I'm pretty much over that phase completely! I feel horrible myself, but you really kicked me into gear there, and if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have tried to hard to improve and I would never be to where I am today ^-^
It's all thanks to you, really! I feel that it's really made the game mine, and not just some stock characters with horribly made face sprites from a generator XD
It made me laugh that they're just kind of... well... there. I always think when I'm playing "LOL I'm walking on Andy's head" XD
I think half of my development time has been dedicated to food HAHAHA There's even a baking class in high school. How wonderful. I'll be sure to add in some italian and spanish food where I can :) I'm not too knowledgeable about it, since I'm more of a rice eater, but I'll do some research for sure!
Sorry this update was so late ^-^ I hope to hear from you soon again!
I'm a total dork who writes too much all the time because I like typing and I used to write novel-length stories and I'm just a weird person who does some things and breathes and stuff.