Well... we have had one of these recently, and if it weren't for the passed one, this breakthrough would not have occurred.
This is one of the breakthroughs that we needed... and now, I shall update
THIS IS PART 1 OF THIS WEEKLY UPDATE. The next will be later this week on Scary night. Therefore, no food/faces will be revealed.
NOTE: Next update will be Halloween themed. I will ONLY BE DOING THIS FOR NON-RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS. No Christmas, Easter... none of that. Only stuff like Valentines day etc. All holidays in Celestial Dance are either like Halloween or completely made up. This is to avoid discrimination or exclusion. All event days are randomized.
1. What is the amazing breakthrough?
2. How does it effect game development?
3. Who still needs to be drawn?
4. What's going on with the Maps?
6. So... can you tell me a bit about Scary night... Plz? ^u^
7. Other stuff
8. Reply to Kuroneko~
1. So... the break through...
Basically what I mean by that, is that I have completed a very vital part in the game and it has been tested to be flawless...
SO Now that I've gotten that definition out of the way:
One word: Events.
I have COMPLETELY created the flawless monthly events. Because of this, you guys WILL get to see a preview of "Scary Night" IN THE NEXT UPDATE.
Also, I have completed the system to check for summer time (Holiday) and the weekends, so you don't go to school. It also checks for the day and either sets it to a Holiday or not. I can use this to make the holidays, Love events, Mystery events and random events.
I'm crying right now,because the completion of this basically took off-.....
You know what? Read below for the excellent news. :')
So... what is this used for? Basically, it is used to set the dates of special events per year. Then it turns on a switch that tells the game that that festival is that day.
The other system checks for holidays and weekends, and closes school accordingly. Yes, I have tested it to an extent... I will be testing it more, but I'm pretty sure it's doing very well so far ^_^
So what does this mean for game development?
It basically means, that the entire game can be potentially finished in a couple months. Will it? Not likely. I have quite a bit of a life.
MY BIGGEST OBSTACLE IS THE SCHOOL SYSTEM NOW. It's not hard. Literally takes an hour per unit if I put effort in. Though... it is 20 units per year.
THESE ARE THE THINGS TO DO:
-All the romances and friendships (3 Months)
- Write all the scenes (Not many left) (2 Months)
- Add the scenes to the game (5 Months???)
-Finish sprites (3 Months)
- Finish items (???)
- Finish faces (Basically as long as I feel)
- Finish the Maps (1 Week)
- Finish conversations/gifts (2 Weeks)
- Finish Mini games (3 Months)
- Finish the school system (5-8 months if I'm lazy)
- Finish other graphics. (2-3 Months)
-Test (2-3 months)
-Popularity/attractiveness system (2-3 Weeks)
So... If this is the case, the ENTIRE game will be completed right on time for the summer, and released in September if all goes well.
Honestly, we could be finished before... but I will wait a while before I release it to work out bugs.
Yes, this is FANTASTIC news. This made our original release date way earlier... though we will keep it at September for now.
So... Which faces still need to be drawn? this is the moment where I tell you that I could not draw yesterday (which is when I wrote numbers 1 and 2) So therefore, I will be trying for five today if I draw well.
Max- Child, teen
Roxie- Baby (revamp?), Child
Gage- Child, Teen
ALL THE CHILDREN - Child, Teen (Will be done last... that's 2 for hero... 1 for however many couples... and a couple extra)
Jet - Adult???
Kandi- Child, Teen (Revamp)
Aris- Teen [COMPLETED]
Andy- Child, Teen
Evangaline - teen
Brooklyn -Child, teen
Tyrone's father (I need him for specific details in the game)
Total: 54-56 (I lost count TT_TT) + 2 extra girls + Each of the hero's children will be re-colored to look like their father.
So yes... I have my work cut out for me. Even worse, I have to cut out each line of code that Ms. Suzie has to show her old face. That's over 400 lines >.<
It took 20 minutes for removing that line for simple characters. this one could take a couple hours to do.
I have some days where I just draw throughout my classes. It may be on lined paper... but so was Evangeline... and Aris... and a lot of characters... Today is most likely one of those days.
Wish me luck
[Roxie leaves for school]
[Roxie comes back from school]
I'm back... bad results. Not only did I try... but I tried drawing ALL Through lunch and ALL through class. MY DRAWING SUCKED D: I couldn't get a single face out. It's been a bad four days for drawing. I may stick with programming until my drawing day is back. I'll push out a few when it comes back.
[EDIT] Since I came home, I grabbed my mechanical pencil and tried drawing... I drew Aris as a teen. My drawing is somewhat back to normal...
4. Maps... We're almost done all outdoors. I've been working more on programming than anything else.
We still have to do a bit of indoor locations...
We also have one more area of the mine, the rest of the forest/mountain, 4 parts of the town (Town square, bus stop, beach, gardens)
So yes... we're getting there.
Ahh school. I need to work on removing the original faces in preparation for the new ones...as I said: Lots of work.
You have a few days off here and there, as well as spring break, winter break and summer vacation. You have weekends off, so no school on Saturdays and Sundays. I have got to say that you most likely will not be able to choose high school classes. It's too hard for me...
Anyway, for the most part... school is easy. You can learn a lot about stuff...
You have to do projects and homework... yeah... that's it.
So, lunch you may chill around for as long as you'd like. You can wander the school, or go eat. You have quite a bit of time... but YOU CANNOT LEAVE THE SCHOOL.
In Elementary school, you're too young, and in high school, you're in a different town. Chances are, you aren't going to be able to leave.
So... when lunch is over, the bell will ring, and you'll be transferred to your classroom for class. Then you will have your second period. So far, the teachers are the following:
Ms. Suzie: Grade 3... she lives in the town
Mrs. Taeon: Lives in another town, but comes and teaches at your school for grade 8.
So... Other stuff:
-Piroline is Kyler's love interest now
-Piroline and Anastasia now have voice actresses
-Er... I am still playing Tytannia and Cindy... I may be playing Tai and Roxie as well.... but I hope not.
-2 parts out of 3 Scary Night events have been completed
-The Scary night update is almost done and ready for release. You'll see that update later this week, so stay tuned!
- I will be working on friendships tonight
-There is no food for this update since this is part 1 of two.
-I can't reveal anything else since I need content for part two.
Now to reply to Kuroneko :)
1.Oh I agree! It's never good to do in real life, but in the game of course once or twice can't hurt... right :S
2.I'm glad you do! I'll be working on it tonight ^_^ The challange is fun. You also have 2 years per age group... minus adult... which is... well... I don't know if I will end the adult years.
3. I agree XD But you move pretty fast in this game... so it's not difficult to get around either way ^_^
4. I was planning to make it so that the kiss button works for a hug for the girls :) I'm not sure yet... I may add a different button all together ^_^ Either way, I'll make it good! Thanks for letting me know!
6. Poor number 5 TT_TT XD Haha I didn't hype it up a lot... but it was a lot like Harvest Moon: Animal Parade... so I cut it. I think it was better off that way :)
7. I'm sooo glad! I'm trying to make it as nice as possible. I tried to make it differ from Harvest moon... but right now, it's the stories that make it different. Each story is unique and displays hardships... all ending in happiness. Also, your sweetheart is yours from the start of the teen years. No one can steal them away <3 So it's great!
9. I'm glad you like her ^_^ I can't wait to voice her too XD I won't be able to speak after wards... her voice is really hard to maintain. I'm glad you like them~
I'm hurrying XD I may do a little treat for all of you before the release of CD. Starring Andy, Max, Roxie and Gage... So yay?
I promise it'll satisfy... for now XD
11. HAHA Sorry XD My video was taking for ever to upload. So I'm glad you liked it and >.< My voice... Fun times... I should post my attempts at Cindy, Tytannia, Roxie and Tai for voices. It doesn't sound too much the same... it's still funny, because I mistakenly said the wrong names in the end XD
It's not a problem :) I figured something came up~! I hope you are well!
Anyway, in case you haven't figured out, THIS IS HUUUUGE NEWS. Because I'm in such a good mood: You'll get a full and awesome themed update later this week WITH a video <3
I love you all~! And about number 6... Yeah I got to keep you in suspense... right?
I'm a total dork who writes too much all the time because I like typing and I used to write novel-length stories and I'm just a weird person who does some things and breathes and stuff.