Have you ever woken up from a dream about a romance, and awake to the feeling of being in love- Even if it's a fictional character?
Every time you see that character/person (or in one case an animate object)* you shy away and your heart races, even if you felt nothing the day before.
I hardly gush over Max in the same way- and I don't know if that's circumstance, or just the fact that I've worked with Aris more, but Aris is the one who has become the object of my character's affection lately. I've been working on Aris since, and it's just gotten worse. So be prepared for my little gushing post here.
* For those of you concerned/confused, About two months ago, I had a dream about Toy Bonnie from Five nights at Freddy's, and since have loved the character so much. (Even trying to make a plush of him). The dream made him more human than robot, but I joked that I 'had a crush' on Toy Bonnie. It was a joke never the less :P
Fun Fact: Aris and Alice would share the same name in Japanese.
Face sprite was drawn the same way as the concept artwork: on lined paper (this time in pen.) and shaded and lined in SAI.
This makes Aris the first character with a younger face sprite.
Map Revamps (Basically every map ever)
- As mentioned, we're moving into alpha testing very soon.
- Blackie has finished the Mayor's lines! Congratulations!!
- Er... I need to write a BUNCH of scripts before exams get here.
- The mood system is working flawlessly. The mood will now show within cut scenes... we think? probably not.
- Text boxes show over the head of the hero when she thinks to herself. They were to show over everyone's head when they spoke too, but it doesn't work with the artwork.
- Woooooooooorking on getting the alpha done (Y)
- Jet's nightmare CG is finished <3 It's funny because he's smiling so largely. It seems that Jet will have 'fangs' in his final artwork, but don't take my word on that.
Why? The questions I've asked and answered myself.
I've always found the most aesthetically pleasing thing about a person is their voice. I have a massive love for listening to voices which began when I was a kid watching beyblade. I since figured that my characters needed voices to bring them to the level I wanted them to be. I have yet to be disappointed, even though I had very set voices in my mind.
Why "Celestial Dance" or "Shift the Tide"?
Celestial Dance - Inspired by the feeling I got when looking at the starred skies in Trinidad/Tobago watching the leather back turtles lay their eggs. The stars dance acrossed the painted sky, twinkling in brilliance but never intertwining.
Shift the Tide- A phrase in English meaning a gradual change. I first heard it in my grade 5 computer class while my teacher ranted about PC vs Mac, saying no one on earth should have a PC? Not sure...
Why Do I revamp?
I need to make this the best I can. I compete with myself to make this game the best it can possibly be.
Why does it have to be perfect? It's a freeware...?
This game has taken up years of my life, including consuming all of my teenage years. It deserves to be the best it can.
Why Thirteen love interests?
Because I can.
Who is my favourite love interest?
Max or Aris. It's now a tossup. Max likely for Nostalgia, Aris for how engaged I feel when reading his dialogue.
Who would make the best husband in real life?
Max or Kyler. Ky would be an amazing husband, but a bit of a pushover. Max would be that best friend husband who can be super romantic, but in general is just your BFF that lives with you and plays video games with you.
If all twelve boys were stranded on an island, who would survive?
Gage - He'd probably starve within the first two minutes.
Leo - He'd have good survival skills, but I see him having no sense of direction. I kind of see him just surviving for years- then realizing he was living two minutes away from a major city.
Andy - Andy would befriend all the animals on the island, sing musical style then become one with the foxes.
Max - I can see Max surviving, but with difficulty. He's resourceful, but as an extrovert he would get drained from the lack of social interaction.
Jet - He'd just freaking sleep.
Damion - I can see Damion with a lute or something just singing about his inner thoughts and feelings and crying to himself.
Aris - Even though he's ridiculously spoiled, I can totally see Aris surviving. I think he would be able to craft really well.
Kyler - He'd surely survive. He and Jet were couch hoppers for several weeks before moving in with Damion, so he has learned to make something from very little.
Tristan - I just know Tristan would just cry and give up.
Jay - Oh absolutely. With the amount of stuff he knows, he's obviously a survivor.
Kyo - I don't know enough about Kyo's character. There certainly aren't any women on the island to make him shy or anything, so he should be okay I guess. I don't see him failing, but I don't really see him being very comfortable while trying to survive.
Who has the best romance path?
Er... I don't know. I love: Max's, Aris's, Jet's, Tristan's, Andy's.
They all are going to be pretty fun.
If I were to meet Seven of my favourite characters in the game, how would that go?
Max: "HEY! Chey, you're real!!"
Me: "I could say the same about you!"
Max: "LET'S PLAY VIDEO GAMES!"
Me: "I'VE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT FOR SEVEN YEARS."
Aris: "Ugh, the idiot exists. What do you want? You're not getting a hug from me."
Me: *Shy* (●///▽///●)
Me: "We sound a bit alike."
Me: "I'm failing Japanese class ;-; *Shy*"
Jaden: "Have you played the newest Phoenix Wright game?"
Me: *Starts putting him in blue contacts and dying his hair blonde.* "YOU ARE BECOMING MY IDEAL MAN. SIT STILL."
Kyler: "Why are you so shy? You're so outgoing with everyone else! Come on!"
Me: "... Kyler, your hair is purple."
Tai: "What do we do now?"
Me: "... Well, I write all your dialogue, so conversation with you isn't exactly interesting, let alone a mystery..."
Who has the best proposal?
Aris, thus far...
What haven't I told everyone yet?
- whether or not Jet will have 'fangs' for stylization? (I think it looks adorable)
- Who ends up dying
- What happens in Aris's plot route
- How the game ends (Don't look forward to it- it's not that interesting)
- *a** the easter egg girl
- The SLI's name (Er duh)
- My favourite voice actor (I have one. Ehehehehehe THAT WILL DRIVE ALL MY VOICE ACTORS CRAZY, WON'T IT?! no it won't)
- About CD's high school plot
- The new school schedule
- Anything about any event ever
- About any of the romance routes