- 43,000 unique Website views since I started university last year!!
- 550 pageviews in one day WOAH you guys are awesome~
- Celestial Dance tumblr blog open for small updates
- Damion, Tai and Jet up for voice acting audition
- Attempted walking sound- but it wasn't amazing
- Casted Damion, Tai, Kory... and several others.
- lol I suck at animating
- Fixed the sleeping system so you'll get more than a dollar every day that you wake up... (Lol You got the equivalent of a dollar for when you're a kid, or two if you're a pre-teen)
- I actually got into my dream class of "Beginner's Japanese Intensive". I can finally read all hiragana characters, and we're starting on katakana very soon. I also can put sentences together. Good God, I'm an English Major.
- Willow, Anastasia, Celeste, Andy, Max and Damion have all gotten their scripts
Celestial Dance Logo
So don't hate me XD
In the animated opening, the logo will be displayed against a blue sky for an interesting effect, but It's still WIP. I'm planning to add some things to it- this is just the worded title :)
The alternative is a bluer contrast, but because of the image I used, I'm not sure if I'll actually be allowed to :) I do prefer the more colourful one though!
There has been a combination of hand crafted animations and digitally crafted animations (i.e. Anime Studio) I finished Tai, which was my first gigantic project. She turns around to look a the camera. It was so crazy- it took me the whole day to be motivated enough to just do the outlines and colouring. I haven't shaded her or anything, but I have a feeling that I'll likely do the whole scene then put each character as it is. All major characters most likely will get one hand animated segment while the rest will be computer animated.
We're still hoping that the RMXP video player can support this, so cross your fingers!!
Here's a preview of Ana's uncoloured, unedited and unlined cels!
They suck XD I know.
Fun Facts (Again)
- In my many years of voice casting, I've had a Leo audition for Leo, Damien audition for Damion, Andrew audition for Andy... and so fourth. The last one is our official voice actor for Andy
- In the original opening of CD, instead of a complex scene, it was of the player answering the door and her mom saying "Sweetie! Can you get that?" Connor then was at the door and the player got to influence her personality. The event is still in the game, and will likely make a small appearance still.
- The above scene mentioned was only meant to be that scene and no more. It was there that spawned the game creation. It was incredible to me to have the face sprite in the text menu (which was removed)
- My sole reason for learning how to draw anime-style better came from Kuroneko's request to have hand-drawn sprites :)
- The anxiety of having to write the character dialogue for each relationship is a part of the reason that I don't work on the project some days.
- I have never once told myself "I will not finish this game"
- Because of CD, I can't play video games without stopping and saying to myself "man, I should work on Celestial Dance."
- Even the game isn't close to an alpha test quite yet, alpha testers have already been assigned to people who worked on the project in-person (i.e. Amelia, and several of my friends). They are given specific tasks to try to break the game, and given specific love interest to play as.
- If it weren't for licencing and copyright laws, I would have used "Paper Moon" from Soul eater for CD as the main theme- but since I respect the series and the laws, I got a creative commons vocaloid song instead (Which is really cute)
- No matter what age you are, if you are in the house of the player, this always one copy of the boys as adults invisible and not interactable until you marry one of them.
- I actually forgot things about fundraisers that I decided on... so I had to read the in-game 'about' I wrote to learn it again.
- Technically, the name of the game is "Shift the tide" But I used CD cuz I like it better. It's going to get awkward for the next CD game.
*Singing* TELL ME ALL ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE FOOODS~~~
But seriously... Time to be serious.
As you guys know, I was planning on implementing achievements for favourite foods... That hasn't changed- not really anyways.
Instead, the following will be true:
- When the hero cooks and eats/gets food from outside, the player will select a reaction, which influences right away whether or not they like it
- at random times, the player will select a reaction which then will add or subtract how much the hero likes it
- Based on what they like, a bubble will appear above their head showing how they feel about it.
- There are several categories: Japanese, Chinese, Cheesecake, Cake, Candy, Baked goods, High-end meals, coffee.
What categories would you like to see? :) Let us know!
I'm glad you like him ^_^ I think I will! I'm not 100% sure, but I have a good feeling about him. *Pets him* I think I'm somehow going to keep BOTH names for him "Camellia" and "Kyo" (cuz I like them both)
It was pretty sad :( I'm still pretty angry about it, but no use holding any emotions anymore. What's gone is gone, now to move on and do some work :)
I hope they're as fun in-game ^.^
Me too to be honest ;-; I made it happy though, so it's okay :)
Oops, Did I say the 'death' thing out loud? My bad ;) I can't tell you who, but I can tell you it's NOT Jet. :) And they still appear in the story afterwards, and they have their happy ending!
I'm really glad you like them :)
It's getting there XD I'm working on it. I'll be linking to the song in one of the future updates~ Hilariously, the artist's name is "Shironeko" LOL
Seeing your comment made my day~ Thanks for commenting as always ^_^ Sorry this update was so short! I hope it was still worth reading <3 <3