- Aris and Lia officially have all of their lines in voice acting wise. Kyler is on the plot~
- Max's script is being re-written AGAIN
- Andy's script being completed atm
- Samantha and Anna have been casted, Both have their script Willow has received her script.
- 400 views on the website in one day?! Woaaahhh!!
- It took a long time for me to get back on my feet. I've been super busy with life lately, so I've been mainly working with VAs, but I've gotten more done in the passed few days.
- one of my earphone sides busted. Back to cheap dollarstore earphones which may negatively effect the game's audio editing until my new ones arrive from ebay.
- Writing up game Credits... Man, If I write my name one my time, I swear I'll be typing "Everything: ME" And that's it XD There are entire sections just filled with my name since this is pretty much a solo project with the exception of voice actors and occasional support and people helping. Of course, resources and special thanks are also there, but in general I'm in at least one credit of each section @.@
Funny revelation (My first game blues)
BUT at the time, my friends used to harp on me for disliking it, and one day I got so frustrated, I took my frustrations out on that game. I went on wikipedia, got all of the names of the characters and if you named your boy any of those names, you would be unable to shop anywhere without the shopkeeper stealing your items and livestock and forcing you to change your name XD
Just a heads up that I'm more mature now, so even if you named your character "bella swan" I won't hate you for it. My mortal enemy atm is SAO (because I'm a huge equalist and it promotes unhealthy stereotypes of women and men alike) but if you like it I won't be a jerk and make your game days a living hell XD
Actually, in hindsight, it was pretty hilarious. If you named your character something as simple as 'Jacob', the game would yell at you for being a muscular werewolf.
Man, I was such a bratty child XD
I think I have the perfect voice audition for him, and I really like the direction of his character, just lacking a story.
In spirit of this, I sketched a title screen image for him and also revamped his sketch to become his actual sprite. Let me know what you guys think. This is just his first two emotions.
In related news, Kyo/Camellia officially has a voice actor *cough* it seems like he's here to stay *Cough*
It will drive you crazy...
If any of you have been around long enough, you'll know that one year, a painter had some to my house and drawn over Leo's former face set (on the paper).
Something similar happened on a larger scale...
We hired someone to clean our house just once, and... well you see, I have two rooms. They were told not to go into my actual room (bedroom) and for my basement office, we didn't know they were doing it.
I keep some important papers in a blue lidded bin below my desk, and I happened to keep some important documents there, and there was a 50% chance that I used that bin for holding some of the original CD works. Those drawings (Such as Cindy's first face sprite, Max's... etc) were very important to me as they held some value to me personally and I kept them in a binder.
You see where this is going?
I went down in the basement today, two weeks after they cleaned, and that bin with my papers... was empty.
It seems that they mistook it for recycling, and threw it all out.
Now here's the kicker. I have NO idea what I put in that bin. It was some stuff from school, some notes from university- things I didn't need everyday.
Now it's driving me crazy. I can't find ANY of the original drawings from Celestial Dance (only the new ones.) I've been actually driving myself insane trying to find them and trying to fabricate memories to see if I can find where they are. No luck.
Well guys... it looks like it may never turn up, or may turn up when I least expect it.
Life sometimes kicks you where it hurts, but the only thing to do is recover from there...
More on Fundraising
So in spirit of crying selfishly (I'm turning 20. I swear- I'm so randomly emotional) I think that it's good to talk about some stuff that's community related- well... in-game at least.
Please be warned: If you want this aspect of the game unspoiled, please stop reading this section now and move on.
Also be aware that this is not 100% finalized, as it may change with our limitations!
CHILD AND PRE-TEEN YEARS
Sadly, due to time constraints in the game... I'm not sure if I mentioned, but the Pre-teen chapter is only one or two months long. It's only there as a buffer chapter (honestly the equivalent of a filler chapter/episode in a book/show) between the two important years. With this said, the fundraiser types are the same within these two chapters.
- Vending Machines (Several types)
- Beach Shop
- Access to Suzaku
- Byakko Restaurant
- Possibly more to come
- bake Sale
- Still undecided
Added Fundraiser Projects:
- Bus to Elica
- Various Elica shops
- Cross dressing competition
- Speed Dating
- Butler Cafe
Added fundraiser Projects:
- Dance off
22 More (not-so) fun game facts
- The best dialogue in the game so far goes to Aris. Because of his rather different personality from the other boys, he gets to say a lot of things that are frequently deemed not appropriate for the other boys! (meaning his insults) He frequently uses nicknames for people (much like Akato) but typically in a bitter or angry way
- Aris is also the first character to be fully voiced- even above team-voiced characters like Cindy or Kandi.
- 10% of Celestial Dance back story is either implied or never spoken. These pertain to things that I couldn't fit through cut scenes/want to be left up to the player.
- As of now, Fundraisers will be the only event that is not a romance to have CGs next to the game's finale
- The game's finale has choral speaking to it, CGs, tied up stories, marriages, births- everything but death.
- There is at least one death in the game. (OH NO!)
- Tyrone is the only male protagonist to propose marriage to another NPC on-screen.
- The new face sprites take 1/3 of the time it took to make the old ones.
- Celestial Dance is the only project I've ever done to be influenced by all my major series obsession phases: Beyblade, Vampire knight, Beyblade, Brother's conflict, Beyblade, Free, Diabolik Lovers, beyblade/brocon.
- There are several improvised lines in CD, in which I tell the VA to make something up.
- "Alice" (The hero's default name) also is named "Angel" in some plans.
- "Alice" Has a bit of personality to balance out the boys and add some interesting points to the paths. If she's angry or sad, she runs away to deal with it without anyone (Therefore she's independent). She also cries when she's frustrated, and is influenced by her nightmares. She also can be fairly sassy (As she frequently hangs up on Aris and her mom when she's mad at them) She's susceptible to bed hair and typically jumps to conclusions rather quickly. She is not quick to fall in love, but is quick to make friends. She has some inner dialogue to help narrate, but she still has a fairly open personality. Aris's romance path was the first written time that the hero speaks outloud.
- There is a store in the game named "Alice Fashions" Which is owned by the Destiny family. I realized afterwards that the concept name for the MC was "Alice" as well.
- "Alice" was named after a character in a book I was writing back nearly 5-6 years ago.
- Willow isn't a ghost. She's aware that she is in a game, and believes she's trapped in Araysia as a game character.
- Through the Destiny siblings are the poster-characters of the game, Tyrone and Cindy are the primary NPC couple.
- There were officially 200 maps in CD. Several have been deleted and combined, but this number is thought to go to 300 once all of the romance events are complete. (Since so many scenes take place in unique areas.)
- The game file size is currently 400 megabytes- that's with hundreds of unused game music tracks and pictures. A game averages at 2gb to 7gb depending on the platform.
- apprx 20% of the entire game dialogue is attributed to the school system!
- The top three most annoying girls in the series as ranked by me ( not including plot-only characters) are Serenity, Piroline and Dakota
- The game is so heavily fragmented in development, that the Teen year has more completed than the child year. This is why a demo was so out of the question
- The Andy's voice actor's name is "Andrew".
Romance Scene Overview
Damion's path revolves around his desire to be an actor as well as his love for video games. His main obstacle is opening up to the hero.
Tristan's path is about him gaining confidence within himself, and overcoming his shyness. The primary obstacle is the Hero's feelings towards him, and her desire to push him away.
This path revolves around Leo's hope to diverge from his father, and his primary obstacle is his fear of this confrontation.
His path has to remain a secret to cover a very important plot point.
His confrontation of his past, dealing with his smoking habit and stealing your drink hehehe
Let's be real- Jet's is pretty unknown too XD
Tyrone's path revolves around him wanting to be a mangaka... pretty simple, but sweet
I haven't even tried to write this one hahaha
Aris's Final Romance scene
I hope you guys get a laugh if you romance Ari~
Also, the hero talks for the first time in the game! (well... first time ever written). She basically just tells Aris off hehe.
It's stays rather personality neutral.
In other news, I ended up using some audio tricks to make Aris's voice actually sound like you're on the phone with him. Oh goodness it was so fun. I still have some stuff to do with Julie when the time comes, but for now... I had SO much fun! I want to work with cellphones more hehehe
But in general, the whole scene is really full of stuff- it spans across three maps. Man it was really fun.
Title screen in Progress... + Anime Opening
All characters are digitally drawn (Unlike the traditional face sprites), and they differ from the final face sprites in the game. They are also entirely drawn on Paint tool SAI unlike the main face sprites which are between Photoshop and Paint tool SAI. The background and other features are not finalized.
As for the anime opening, A creative commons vocaloid song will be taking the title of the CD opening theme, and will contain several pieces of artwork, of the characters. It's so ridiculously catchy, I woke up singing it hahaha. I am currently seeing if I can do some computer animation and attach a video, but the concept is questionable, and I will have to see :) It's dependent on whether or not I can insert videos.
However, I did figure out how to animate/how to insert videos into RMXP.
You guys better love me for this...
The first 6 seconds is of the boys, the next 6 are of the girls, the last part is uncertain- then during a guitar solo the logo will appear.
Finally, the characters will appear one by one on screen with a small animation~
[EDIT SINCE ABOVE HAS BEEN WRITTEN]
The scene with all the boys/girls have been moved to later on in the opening
I noticed in the third frame (Which is Tyrone and Cindy) Tyrone looks a TON like Kyler (You can't see his face, but he wears an orange shirt and his hair looks lavender :S) but sadly, at this time, you guys should just know that it's Tyrone XD
As of August 26th, there are five animated slides in the opening thus far~!!
That's all for now ^_^
The hero's animation is completed, so here's your preview of the un-moving hero!
I know :/ I feel bad for doing it to her, but she's a great character either way. I have fun voicing her~ I just need honey and tea afterwards XD
I may or may not :) I already have a lot on my plate with animating the opening, adding CGs and finishing character sprites... but I will consider it once I finish the core of the game~ I may just do one generic sprite... But I'm not entirely sure yet <3 I'd like to do them too... It's just if my schedule allows it :)
I don't know ._. I guess I have tons of free time and a short attention span XD
YAY Recipes~ Now just to actually put them in the game...
Teleport to a random place... why does magical melody come to mind? XD But it looks pretty decent~ so I'm happy with it! Now to do the other 10 characters XD I wish I took a screenshot of Ky's evil twin~
Damion must be hungry ;)
As I mentioned above, I finally finished Aris's final event. The hero is overreacting a bit in the scene, so Aris didn't really 'do' anything, but I think that's what the problem was. I hope you enjoy it if you choose to romance Ari ^_^ He is indeed a lovely jerk. He has his sweet moments for sure <3 I kept you in minds while I evented the scene~
YES! Exactly! I'm so glad you agree. The memory system was totally missing from the sims 3. I didn't like the album that the implemented, though I liked the idea of custom memories. I decided this was the best way to put in achievements~ So I really hope it has a similar feel to it :)
I actually looked up shipping prices to Argentina, and it's not too bad :) 5 dollars for shipping a small package~
I may just make sure larger plushies North America exclusive, but allow for smaller plushies to be international within reason ^_^
I'm so glad you like Creature!! Hehe her/his/its eyes just stare at you, and it's a little sketchy ^_^;; but she's/he's/it's fun either way! I really am glad you do like her/him/it.
Creature is your protector in the game~
Oh~ Thank you! Her hair was the most fun part XD I'm super glad you like it!
Me too ._. I just felt bad not having other hair/skin colours for people. It's only a single outfit, so it's not permanent XD I may just make a random character and keep the outfit when I test.
Sorry this one took so loong to write ^_^;;; I promise I'll do the next one quicker and more interesting. This one was just a slow news day so to speak.
Have a wonderful day <3 <3 <3